GreenGeeks Hosting Review & Coupon for 2017
|Ease of Use|
30 day money-back guarantee!
GreenGeeks is an “eco-friendly” web hosting company that focuses on serving the web publishing, ecommerce, and custom development requirements of small businesses, entrepreneurs, start-up companies, non-profits, education, and enterprise corporations. GreenGeeks offers shared Linux hosting with cPanel, a VPS platform, managed WordPress hosting, reseller accounts, and dedicated servers to customers. The company operates four different data centers: two in the U.S., one in Canada, and one in Europe, with the option for clients to choose the preferred geo-location of their servers. GreenGeeks’ commitment to environmental protection principles in company operations means that they return 300% of the energy that they consume to the power grid from sustainable, renewable energy projects.
Some key features of GreenGeeks:
- All servers run CentOS with cPanel for easy domain management and web development
- New accounts receive a free site migration service to move files from another company
- Host unlimited domains on one account for less than $4 per month (introductory rates)
- Over 150 free open source scripts available to install using Softaculous & Fantastico
- Web hosting plans include built-in PHP caching optimization for faster page load speeds
- SSD RAID-10 storage standard on all accounts at no extra charge for the upgrade over HDDs
- CloudFlare CDN service can be enabled in cPanel for additional website caching options
- Recommended for LAMP development, CMS website hosting, & ecommerce scripts
GreenGeeks offers large discounts for new sign-up customers on all of their web hosting plans. The company has recently upgraded its data center hardware to include accelerated SSD storage standard on all accounts. GreenGeeks provides customers with a cPanel login for managing domains and server configuration settings, with “one click” installation of hundreds of open source scripts available using Softaculous and Fantastico. Their managed WordPress hosting is based on premium hardware with an optimized server environment that includes advanced page caching techniques, built-in CloudFlare CDN support, and enhanced security features for better overall CMS performance. Their VPS platform runs on OpenVZ, with both Intel Xeon and Atom servers available under dedicated plans. You can use our coupon for an additional discount when signing up for a new account at GreenGeeks.
Everything You Need to Know About GreenGeeks
GreenGeeks is a well-respected web hosting company that provides a shared Linux Ecosite Starter plan, a VPS platform, managed WordPress services, and dedicated servers to customers, as well as specialized reseller hosting packages. Their servers run on CentOS with cPanel administration available on all plans.
- SERVICES OFFERED: Shared Linux Hosting, VPS Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, & Dedicated Servers
- PRICE RANGE: $3.95 to $439 per month
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: 30 days
- SERVER LOCATIONS: United States (Chicago, IL & Phoenix, AZ); Canada (Toronto, ON); and Europe (Amsterdam, NL)
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Phone, Email, Live Chat, & Ticket System
SHARED HOSTING PLANS:
|Plan Name:||# of Sites:||Bandwidth:||Panel:||Price:|
Most site owners can select the Ecosite Starter hosting plan and use cPanel to manage unlimited domains, MySQL databases, and file transfers for advanced web development on the LAMP stack.
VPS HOSTING PLANS:
|1GB RAM||Quad-Core||25 GB||1 TB||$31.96/mo|
|2GB RAM||Quad-Core||50 GB||1.5 TB||$47.96/mo|
|3GB RAM||Quad-Core||75 GB||2 TB||$63.96/mo|
|4GB RAM||Quad-Core||100 GB||2.5 TB||$79.96/mo|
|8GB RAM||Quad-Core||125 GB||3 TB||$127.96/mo|
CMS sites, ecommerce stores, social networks, & mobile apps requiring more CPU processing power or installed RAM for database support can upgrade to a VPS plan with an easy file transfer service.
RESELLER HOSTING PLANS:
|Plan Name:||# of Sites:||Storage:||Transfer:||Price:|
|Seed||Unlimited||50 GB||500 GB||$15.96/mo|
|Sprout||Unlimited||80 GB||800 GB||$19.96/mo|
|Plant||Unlimited||120 GB||1.2 TB||$31.96/mo|
|Tree||Unlimited||160 GB||1.6 TB||$47.96/mo|
|Forest||Unlimited||200 GB||2 TB||$79.96/mo|
Web professionals, freelancers, developers, and social media marketers can all take advantage of GreenGeeks’ reseller plans to bill web hosting and domain registration services directly to clients.
MANAGED WORDPRESS PLANS:
|Plan Name:||# of Sites:||Bandwidth:||Panel:||Price:|
Upgrade your WordPress CMS sites by hosting them on the GreenGeeks managed service for better performance, faster page load speeds, optimized database support, and enhanced platform security.
DEDICATED SERVER PLANS:
|Entry Server||Intel Atom 330 (Dual Core)||2 GB||1 x 500 GB||$169/mo|
|Standard Server||Xeon E3-1220 3.1Ghz||4 GB||2 x 500 GB||$269/mo|
|Elite Server||Xeon E3-1230 3.2Ghz w/HT||8 GB||2 x 500 GB||$319/mo|
|Pro Server||Xeon E5-2620 2.0Ghz w/HT||16 GB||2 x 500 GB||$439/mo|
The dedicated server plans at GreenGeeks range from power-saving, dual-core Atom processors to high-performance quad-core Xeon CPUs with 1 TB SSD RAID storage and 4 GB to 16 GB of installed ECC RAM.
- $3.95 per month: for their Ecosite Starter hosting plan. See Plans
- $31.96 to $127.96 per month: for their VPS hosting plans. See Plans
- $15.96 to $79.96 per month: for their reseller hosting plans. See Plans
- $3.95 per month: for their managed WordPress hosting plans. See Plans
- $169.00 to $439.00 per month: for their dedicated server plans. See Plans
GreenGeeks provides an unconditional 30 day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied in any way with the quality of the service. However, refunds do not include the domain registration and set-up fees for the account. Additionally, GreenGeeks requires a minimum seven day advance warning from customers if they are intending not to renew an annual hosting account plan. Otherwise, your credit card or PayPal account will be automatically charged for another year of service.
In order to cancel a web hosting account at GreenGeeks, you need to fill out the cancellation form at: www.GreenGeeks.com/cancel. Following this submission, you will also need to confirm the request from the email account that is registered with the web hosting plan.
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any reason on new account sign-ups.
- NO REFUNDS on any accounts after the first 30 days have passed.
- NO REFUNDS on domain name registration or account related set-up fees.
- DATA CENTER LOCATION #1: United States – Chicago, IL
- DATA CENTER LOCATION #2: United States – Phoenix, AZ
- DATA CENTER LOCATION #3: Canada – Toronto, ON
- DATA CENTER LOCATION #4: Europe – Amsterdam, NL
With GreenGeeks, clients can choose the physical location of their server for improved speed in transferring files to target geographical markets. For some businesses, there may also be specific legal reasons for locating website files in the USA, EU, or Canada particularly. All accounts at GreenGeeks are subject to the same Terms of Service agreement regardless of the physical location of the servers.
GreenGeeks uses Intel Xeon servers from Supermicro in rackmount units for their shared, VPS, and dedicated server plans. Each server has a minimum of 64 GB DDR3 ECC RAM & RAID-10 SSD storage.
GreenGeeks does not specifically use local renewable energy sources in powering their data centers. Rather, they return 300% of the power they use back to the grid in the form of “wind power credits”.
PHONE SUPPORT: GreenGeek’s phone lines are open weekdays from 9 AM to 12 AM EST and weekends from 9 AM to 8 PM EST. Customers can call toll free 1-877-ECOSITE (1-877-326-7483) to talk to a technical support or sales representative. International clients can call 1-310-496-8946.
LIVE CHAT: Click on the link in the top right-hand corner of the website to launch a live chat session.
EMAIL SUPPORT: You can email sales or technical support directly at the following addresses:
- Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support: email@example.com
- Billing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affiliates Team: email@example.com
- Abuse: firstname.lastname@example.org
TICKET SYSTEM: Login to your Account Manager and click on the “Open Ticket” link in the main menu to start an issue thread. GreenGeeks customer service agents generally respond within 15 to 20 minutes.
VIDEO TUTORIALS: GreenGeeks has a video tutorial section for customers as well.
KNOWLEDGEBASE: GreenGeeks has a Knowledge Base with helpful articles about frequently asked questions related to web hosting, company billing policies, and web development with popular open source scripts. It is easy to navigate or search the articles for required information.
Have your own comment about this web host? Write a review and tell us!
Sorry, there are no customer reviews yet for this web host.